Release Notes for Version 1.5
A major update!
FREESTYLE — move, rotate and resize each individual subtitle for more visual interest.
SRT CLOSED CAPTIONS — import or export SRT subtitle files.
COLOUR TRENDS — a selection of new colour schemes that we’ll update over the seasons.
HOVER SUPPORT — for iPad users with pointing device or Apple Pencil.
FULL SCREEN ZOOM — see your subtitle previews full screen to check the finer details.
Here’s everything else…
- Improvements to the experience when starting a new document in Script mode, with import & paste options
- Improved interactions with subtitle cards — tapping anywhere in overflowing text now splits on the first overflowing word
- Import or export subtitles as a text file
- New full screen background style
- New subtitle issue warning if Freestyle text is going to be clipped
- Landscape orientation support for full screen preview of landscape aspect videos
- Share the current document from the Export screen
- Much improved UI responsiveness throughout, especially when editing styles.
- Lots of performance and battery improvements
- Bug fix: Some missing localisation strings for U.S. English
- Bug fix: A crash that could happen if splitting a subtitle just at the end of its duration
- Bug fix: Export popover only showing once on iPad
- Bug fix: Subtitle issue warnings not always auto-selecting the active subtitle
- Bug fix: Subtitle area brackets in Style > Layout now correct when max lines is one