Activists get Pro for free†
The world is in a mess. We want to help by giving free Pro subscriptions to those who want to make a difference with their videos.
No catches, no limits, no promotion or watermarks. We just want to help.
Community action groups, climate change campaigners, human rights advocates, mobile journalists and reporters… we want to hear from you!
We made Captionista the best video subtitling and captioning app we could, because we want to help activists and journalists worldwide get their message out to people effectively, easily and accurately. We also made sure it works great without a network connection and you can quickly add text to a video in the field where the action is happening.
While Captionista is a free subtitling app for all to use, it adds a watermark on exported videos and has some customisation and export limitations unless you have a Pro subscription. Do share it with your colleagues for them to try it out for free!
Note: Captionista is an app for iPhone and iPad only. It does not support Android and never will, I’m afraid.
Getting the free Pro subscription
First, see here for details of who can qualify. If you just email asking for a freebie, we won’t reply!
All you need to do is:
- Install the free version of Captionista from the App Store.
- E-mail me, Marc Palmer with details of your campaigning or journalism, with a couple of links showing your connection to the organisations you represent and posts you’ve made or plan to make.
- Follow the instructions I send you and enter the promo code into the App Store.
Not sure how to get started? You can join us on our #activism channel in Discord for help.
†So who qualifies?
You need to be an activist or journalist posting videos in support of good causes. What are good causes? We decide what we will support. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Campaigning for and reporting on action on the climate crisis.
- Defence of human and reproductive rights.
- Reporting (without pro-Russian bias) on the war Russia has inflicted on Ukraine.
- Campaigning or reporting in support of strikes by public sector workers.
- Campaigning for financial equality and tax justice.
- Campaigning for against fascism and for racial and gender equality.
- Campaigning for accessibility and rights for the disabled.
- Campaigning for Cancer awareness and prevention.
If you’re not sure you qualify, talk to us. If you’re doing good we can probably help!