Our 1st Anniversary in the App Store
A year ago today we released Captionista 1.0 in the App Store! The time has absolutely flown by. Here’s a little recap of the year:
- MacStories, TechRadar and Stuff give the app nice reviews.
- In 1.1 we added Saved Themes and Instagram Bubble style.
- In 1.5 we added Freestyle, SRT & Text Export, Seasonal colours and iPad Hover.
- We’ve got an average rating of 4.3 on the App Store (we still need more reviews and ratings to boost our search ranking 🙏).
- Marc’s in-depth interview on subtitling in iPad Pros #177.
@captionistaapp Released today on App Store! Free subtitling and captioning app #ios #apps ♬ original sound - Captionista
In all it’s been a great year, but we are still struggling to reach our users due to heavy competition in App Store search rankings. It’s tough to compete as an indie against companies like CapCut with huge advertising budgets!
What’s next for us? Well we have iPad UX & general editing improvements and more we can’t talk about yet!